These Benedictine Tea Sandwiches are the perfect tea sandwich to include for any horse-themed event.
Benedictine Tea Sandwiches
Yield: 12 tea sandwiches
Write a review
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup mascarpone cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- 12 slices pumpernickel bread
- 12 slices white bread
- 1 English cucumber
- In a medium bowl and using an electric mixer at high speed, beat together the cream cheese, mascarpone, mayonnaise, parsley, and garlic salt. Mix until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Using a 3-inch horseshoe-shaped cutter, cut bread.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture onto each horseshoe-shaped slice. Top each with another piece of bread, and set aside. Using a vegetable peeler, thinly slice cucumber, being careful not to include seeds. Wrap one thin slice of cucumber around the center of each horseshoe-shaped sandwich. Serve immediately.
TeaTime Magazine http://www.teatimemagazine.com/