Bright notes of lemon and sweet green peas create a tasty risotto cake.
Downloads:Lemon and Pea Risotto
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 cup minced shallot
1 cup Arborio rice
2 tablespoons dry (white) vermouth wine
3 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth, heated
1 cup fresh green peas
2 tablespoons minced parsley
3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
3/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, divided
Garnish: 3 cups multicolored microgreens
• In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add shallot. Cook until tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
• Add rice. Cook, stirring constantly, until rice begins to brown.
• Add vermouth and then chicken broth, 1/2 cup at a time, allowing liquid to absorb after each addition, stirring constantly. (Rice will be creamy in texture.)
• Add peas and parsley. Cook until peas are tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add cream, lemon zest, lemon juice, pepper, and salt, stirring to combine. Add ½ cup cheese, stirring gently. Set aside to cool slightly.
• Preheat broiler section of oven to 500°.
• Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
• Place a 2-inch biscuit cutter on prepared baking sheet. Fill cutter with risotto mixture, pressing down to compress. Carefully slide cutter up and away from risotto. Repeat with remaining risotto mixture to form an additional 11 cakes.
• Sprinkle cakes with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
• Broil until cake edges are lightly browned and cheese is melted, 5 to 6 minutes.
• Garnish each cake with microgreens, if desired. Serve warm.