Roasted onions combined with cream cheese, ricotta cheese, and sour cream give this tart its wonderful flavor.
Downloads:Creamy Onion Tart with Lemon-Thyme Crust Recipe
1 large yellow onion, peeled
3 tablespoons olive oil
3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
6 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1 large egg
Lemon-Thyme Tart Dough (see Download for recipe)
• Preheat oven to 450°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum
foil. Set aside.
• Cut onion in half through the root and stem ends, then slice
each half into 1/2-inch-thick half-moons. Place onion slices on
the prepared baking sheet. Using a pastry brush, generously coat
each onion with olive oil, and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and
1/4 teaspoon pepper.
• Bake for 20 minutes, or until tender. Set aside to cool completely.
• In a medium bowl and using an electric mixer at medium speed,
combine cream cheese, ricotta, and sour cream. Mix until
smooth. Add egg and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and remaining
1/2 teaspoon pepper. Mix until combined.
• Pour cheese mixture into prepared crust, smoothing top. Carefully
place cooked onion slices atop cheese mixture.
• Bake for 30 minutes, or until lightly puffed. Cool for 20 minutes