Cream cheese and thinly sliced radishes are the perfect filling for these zucchini muffins.
1/3 cup extra-light olive oil
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons whole milk
1 large egg, at room temperature
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup crumbled, cooked bacon
3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
2 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup grated zucchini
2 (3-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup thinly sliced radishes
• Preheat oven to 425°.
• Spray a 24-well miniature muffin pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
• In a large bowl, combine olive oil, milk, and egg, whisking well. Set aside.
• In another large bowl, combine flour, bacon, basil, sugar, baking powder, salt, and pepper. Add egg mixture to flour mixture, whisking gently until just combined. Gently fold in zucchini. Divide batter evenly among 18 muffin cups of prepared pan.
• Bake until tops are golden brown and puffed, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool, 15 to 20 minutes.
• Slice each muffin in half crosswise. Spread a bit of cream cheese on both cut sides. Place 3 or 4 radish slices on each bottom half of muffins. Top with remaining halves of muffins. Insert skewers, if desired.