Apple and pomegranate combine in tasty sugar-coated gellies.
1 cup grated Granny Smith apple
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice, divided
2 cups sugar
2 (0.25-ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
3 tablespoons apple juice
Sugar* for coating
• Spray an 8-inch square pan with nonstick cooking spray, and set aside.
• In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the grated apple, ½ cup pomegranate juice, and sugar. Bring to a boil. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
• In a small bowl, combine the gelatin, remaining 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice, and apple juice. Add to apple mixture, stirring constantly until gelatin is dissolved. Pour into the prepared pan.
• Refrigerate for 8 hours, or overnight.
• Using a sharp, oiled knife, cut prepared gelatin into 64 (1-inch) squares. Roll gellies in sugar to coat.
NOTE: Gellies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
*Granulated sugar, confectioners’ sugar, or colored sanding sugar may be used.