Filled with creamy chocolate-hazelnut spread, these éclairs are decadent.
Downloads:Éclaires au Chocolat et aux Noisettes (Chocolate-Hazelnut Éclairs)
1/4 cup whole milk
1/4 cup water
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1/8 teaspoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
1 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread*, divided
1/3 cup finely chopped hazelnuts
1 cup frozen nondairy whipped topping, thawed
• Preheat oven to 400°.
• Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
• In medium saucepan over medium heat, combine milk, water, butter, sugar, and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Add flour, stirring vigorously with a wooden spoon until mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat. Cool for 4 minutes.
• Add eggs, one at a time, to mixture in saucepan, beating with a wooden spoon or hand mixer after each addition until dough is smooth, approximately 30 seconds.
• Transfer dough to a pastry bag fitted with a 1/4-inch round tip. Pipe 11/2- to 2-inch-long logs onto prepared baking sheets, spacing at least 2 inches apart.
• Bake until golden and puffed, 22 to 25 minutes. Cool.
• In a small microwavable bowl, heat 1/2 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread in a microwave oven on high (100 percent power) at 15-second intervals until melted.
• Dip tops of éclairs into chocolate-hazelnut spread to coat tops. Sprinkle half of éclairs with chopped hazelnuts. Let cool until set.
• Carefully cut éclairs in half lengthwise without disturbing chocolate. Set aside.
• In a medium bowl, fold whipped topping and remaining ½ cup chocolate-hazelnut spread together until mixture is well combined. Fill a pastry bag fitted with a small round tip with whipped hazelnut filling. Pipe filling into the bottom half of each éclair. Place tops of éclairs over filling.
*For testing purposes, we used Nutella.