The addition of hazelnut creates a tasty shortbread cookie.
Downloads:Hazelnut Shortbread Cookies
1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts
1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
• In a medium bowl and using an electric mixer at medium speed, beat the butter, ⅓ cup sugar, salt, and vanilla until light and fluffy, approximately 2 minutes.
• With mixer at lowest speed, add the flour in batches, mixing well after each addition. Add hazelnuts and cream, and stir to combine.
• Remove dough from bowl, wrap with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
• Preheat oven to 350°.
• Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
• On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough to ¼-inch thickness. Using a knife, cut dough into 8 (10-x-1½-inch) strips.
• Place strips on prepared baking sheets, and sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar.
• Bake until lightly browned, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cookies cool completely. Then place in freezer until needed.