• Spray an 8-inch square pan with nonstick cooking spray, and set aside.
• In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the grated pear, sugar, and ½ cup pear nectar. Bring to a boil. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
• In a small bowl, combine the gelatin and remaining ½ cup and 1 tablespoon pear nectar, and stir to combine. Add gelatin mixture to pear mixture, and stir until gelatin is dissolved. Stir in walnuts. Pour into the prepared pan.
• Refrigerate for 8 hours, or overnight.
• Using a sharp, oiled knife, cut prepared gelatin into 64 (1-inch) squares. Roll gellies in sugar to coat.
NOTE: Gellies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
*Granulated sugar, confectioners’ sugar, or colored sanding sugar may be used.
(Pictured with Apple-Pomegranate Gellies)