A slice of this fruit-filled cake is perfect for autumn.
Downloads:Spiced Apple-Date Bundt Cake
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1 1/3 cups vegetable oil
2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
3 large eggs
3 cups grated apple
1 cup chopped dates
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon rum extract
Garnish: Candied Crab Apples
(see Download for recipe) and 1 (12.25-ounce) jar prepared caramel topping
• Preheat oven to 350°.
• Lightly grease a Bundt pan with baking spray. Set aside.
• Sift together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, allspice, and cloves. Set aside.
• In a medium bowl and using an electric mixer at high speed, combine the oil, brown sugar, and eggs. Beat until pale yellow, approximately 5 minutes.
• Gradually add the flour mixture to the oil mixture. Fold in the grated apple, dates, and vanilla and rum extracts. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
• Bake until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean, 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan, and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
• Garnish with Candied Crab Apples and caramel topping, if desired.