• Preheat oven to 425˚.
• Brush baguette slices with 1/4 cup olive oil. Bake until lightly
golden, 7 to 9 minutes. Set aside.
• In the work bowl of a food processor, combine mint, pine nuts,
pecorino, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Pulse until coarsely
chopped. With the processor running, slowly add 1/2 cup olive
oil. Pulse until finely combined. Set aside.
• In a medium bowl, combine lamb, remaining 1/4 cup olive oil,
salt, and pepper. Toss to combine.
• Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook lamb in
skillet for 2 minutes per side, then set aside for 10 minutes. Slice
lamb pieces against the grain into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Set aside.
• Spread mint pesto evenly on crostini. Top each with 3 slices of
• Garnish with fresh lemon zest strips, if desired.
*Pecorino is a sharp sheep’s-milk cheese similar to Parmesan. Parmesan
may be substituted.