For a more substantial tea sandwich, try our pork and angel biscuit combination.
Downloads:Marinated Pork on Angel Biscuits Recipe
1/3 cup light soy sauce
1/2 cup peanut oil
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, rinsed and patted dry
1/4 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
3 tablespoons minced chives
24 Angel Biscuits (see Download for recipe)
4 cups baby watercress
• In a large resealable plastic bag or shallow dish, combine soy sauce,
peanut oil, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, sugar, salt, black pepper,
white pepper, cayenne, ginger, and cinnamon. Add pork, and
seal bag or cover dish. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours and up to 8.
Remove pork from marinade. Discard marinade.
• Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Cook pork 10 to 15 minutes
on each side (about 30 minutes total), until an instant-read
thermometer inserted into thickest part of the meat registers 155°.
• Remove pork from heat. Cover with aluminum foil, and set aside
for 10 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer registers
160°. Using two forks, shred pork, and set aside.
• In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, and chives.
• To assemble, slice the Angel Biscuits in half horizontally. Top bottom
halves with shredded pork and a small bunch of watercress.
Spread a bit of the mayonnaise mixture on top halves of biscuits,
and sandwich atop bottom halves.