• Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
• Place beets on prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with 3 tablespoons
oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until tender, approximately
1 hour. Cool. Peel beets, and finely dice.
• In a large bowl, combine chopped beets, remaining 1 tablespoon
oil, orange juice, and balsamic vinegar.
• To assemble, place crackers on a serving platter. Place a 1 1/2-inch
biscuit cutter on top of 1 cracker. Fill with beet mixture, pressing
down to fill completely. Carefully slide cutter up and away from
beet salad. Repeat with remaining crackers and beet mixture.
• Top each salad with a bit of goat cheese, and top each with mâche.
*Mâche, also called lamb’s lettuce, is a tender, small green available at