• Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 2 (12-cup) mini cheesecake pans
with cooking spray. Set aside.
• In a medium bowl, combine the cracker crumbs and chili powder.
Add butter, and stir until combined. Press mixture into bottoms
and up sides of prepared pans.
• Bake for 10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
• Reduce oven temperature to 300°.
• In a medium bowl and using an electric mixer at medium speed,
beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the mayonnaise and
sour cream, and beat at high speed until creamy, about 4 minutes.
Add the tomatoes with green chiles, garlic powder, and
jalapeño granules or red pepper flakes. Mix until smooth, about
• Fold in cheeses. Evenly divide mixture among prepared crusts.
• Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until puffed. Remove from oven,
and cool in pans for 30 minutes. Remove from pans. Chill until
ready to serve.
• Garnish with bell pepper ribbons, if desired.
*To make red bell pepper ribbons, use a sharp paring knife to trim
away most of the flesh of bell pepper, leaving just a thin layer and the
skin. Cut into thin strips, and place in ice water for at least 2 hours.