• Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, and coat with
nonstick spray. Set aside.
• Push wooden sticks into the tops of the apples. Set aside.
• In a medium saucepan, combine the caramel candies and tea.
Cook over medium-low heat, whisking constantly until smooth
and uniform. Reduce heat to low.
• Dip the apples, one at a time, in the caramel, rolling to coat.
Using a butter knife, lightly level the bottoms of the apples, and
set them on the prepared baking sheet. Allow caramel to set for
• Place the peanuts and pistachios in 2 separate medium, shallow
bowls. Place the apples bottom side down in the nuts, and roll to
coat the bottom halves. Return apples to prepared baking sheet,
and allow caramel to set for 30 minutes before serving.
*For testing purposes, we used 2 bags Bigelow Apple Cider herbal tea
brewed in 1/2 cup water.
Note: Apples will keep for 3 to 5 days, wrapped tightly in parchment
paper or stored in an airtight container at room temperature.