Serve your heart on a plate with these heart-shaped Chocolate Cheesecake Tarts garnished with fresh strawberry slices and strawberry preserves.
Downloads:Chocolate Cheesecake Tarts Recipe
1 cup fine chocolate wafer crumbs
2 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar, divided
2 tablespoons melted butter
4 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
1 large egg
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
4 to 5 strawberries, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons strawberry preserves
• Preheat oven to 350˚.
• In a medium bowl, combine chocolate wafer crumbs, 1 1/2 teaspoons
sugar, and melted butter, and mix well. Press crumb mixture into
two 4-inch heart-shaped tart pans with a removable bottoms.
• Bake for 12 minutes. Set aside to cool.
• In a medium bowl and using an electric mixer at medium speed, beat
remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, cream cheese, egg, and cocoa powder
until combined. Divide batter evenly among prepared crusts.
• Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until centers are set. Cool completely,
then refrigerate for 1 hour, or until chilled.
• Arrange strawberry slices over the top of chilled tarts.
• Place strawberry preserves in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave
on high for 20 to 30 seconds, or until preserves are melted.
Brush on top of strawberries. Refrigerate until topping is firm.