What better treat to serve for children at Christmastime than our candy-cane cookies? Everyone loves these delicious treats.
Downloads:Creamy Candy-Cane Cookie Treats Recipe
1½ cups heavy cream, divided
1 (0.25-ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
¼ cup sugar
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ vanilla bean, split lengthwise
20 drops red food coloring
1 (16.5-ounce) package refrigerated sugar-cookie dough
• Spray an 8-x-8-x-2-inch baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
• In a small bowl, combine ½ cup cream and gelatin, whisking to
combine. Set aside.
• In a small saucepan, combine remaining cream, sugar, peppermint
extract, vanilla extract, and vanilla bean. Bring to a simmer,
then remove from heat.
• Add gelatin mixture to saucepan, whisking until completely
smooth. Strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into the prepared
pan. Add food coloring, by individual drops, into mixture.
Gently pull a paring knife through the food coloring drops to create
swirls. Refrigerate for 4 hours.
• Roll sugar-cookie dough to 1/8-inch thickness. Using a 3-inch
candy-cane cutter, cut cookies. Bake according to package directions.
Remove from oven, and while cookies are still hot, carefully
press the candy-cane cutter onto each cookie for a clean edge.
Discard any scraps. Set aside to cool completely.
• Using the candy-cane cutter, cut prepared gelatin. Place cutouts
atop prepared cookies. Refrigerate until ready to serve.