Thumbprint cookies are taken up a notch with a dollop of fig preserves.
Downloads:Fig Thumbprint Cookies Recipe
3/4 cup softened unsalted butter
6 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
1/2 cup cornstarch, sifted
1/4 cup fig preserves
• In a large bowl and using an electric mixer at medium speed, cream
the butter, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt until light and fluffy,
about 4 minutes. Add the flour and cornstarch, and beat until mixture
forms a soft dough. Cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
• Preheat oven to 325°. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper,
and set aside.
• Using a small, spring-loaded 1-inch scoop, scoop dough. Roll each
piece of dough with hands to make a perfectly round ball, and
place balls about 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
• Using a moistened fingertip, make a small indentation in the
middle of each cookie. Spoon approximately 1/2 teaspoon preserves
into each indentation.
• Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until lightly brown around the edges.
Place on a wire rack to cool.