This frozen confection is infused with grapefruit and apple juices, as well as fresh cilantro.
Downloads:Grapefruit and Cilantro Granita Recipe
4 cups fresh grapefruit juice
2 cups apple juice
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Garnish: additional fresh cilantro leaves
• In a large bowl, combine grapefruit juice and apple juice. Place
1 cup juice mixture in a large saucepan over medium heat. Set
remaining juice aside.
• Add sugar to juice in saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
Remove from heat, and cool to room temperature. Add
sweetened juice and cilantro to reserved juice mixture, and stir
until well combined.
• Pour juice mixture into a 9-x-13-x-2-inch pan. Cover tightly
with plastic wrap. Freeze, stirring and scraping ice crystals with
a fork every hour until evenly frozen, approximately 4 hours.
• Before serving, scrape with a fork to lighten texture, crushing
• Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves, if desired.