• In a medium bowl and using an electric mixer at medium speed,
combine the butter, sugar, salt, and vanilla extract, and beat
until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. With mixer on lowest
speed, add the flour in 3 batches, mixing well after each addition.
Add the hazelnuts and cream, mixing to combine. Remove
dough from mixing bowl, wrap with plastic wrap, and refrigerate
for 2 hours.
• Preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper,
and set aside.
• On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness.
Using a 5x3-inch rectangular cookie cutter, cut cookies. Place
cookies 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
• Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove
from oven and cool completely.
• Using a pastry brush, coat cookies with Royal Icing. Set on parchment
paper to dry completely. When dry, lightly brush cookies
with corn syrup. Carefully press wafer paper cutout onto cookies.
Turn cookie wafer-paper side down onto parchment paper.
Dry for 30 minutes before serving.
*For testing purposes, we used Fancy Flours Vintage Halloween Postcard
Edible Wafer Paper. To purchase, visit fancyflours.com.