• In a small bowl, combine the water, yeast, and sugar. Let stand for 10 minutes, or until foamy.
• In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, combine the buttermilk, butter, honey, and yeast
mixture. Whisk on low speed until combined.
• Add 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, almond flour, salt, and zest. Increase mixer speed to medium, and beat until
• Using the dough hook attachment, add the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until dough just comes together
(all flour may not be needed). Continue to process for 3 minutes until dough begins to look smooth. Turn dough
out onto a lightly floured work surface, and knead for 3 to 4 minutes, or until dough is smooth and satiny.
• Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl, turning dough to coat in oil. Cover with a clean kitchen towel, and let rise in
a warm (85°), draft-free place for 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
• Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper, and set aside.
• In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
• Punch down dough, and divide into 24 equal pieces. Slightly flatten each piece, and spoon 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon-
sugar mixture into the center. Fold dough in toward the center, covering the cinnamon-sugar filling. Roll
each piece into a ball, and place on the prepared baking sheets, spacing 1 to 2 inches apart.
• Cover with plastic wrap, and let rise in a warm, draft-free place for 30 to 45 minutes.
• Preheat oven to 375°.
• Brush tops of dough balls with melted butter.
• Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool slightly. Serve warm.
*Superfine sugar can be made by pulsing granulated sugar in a food processor.