• Lightly spray an 8-x-8-x-2-inch baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
• In a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over ¼ cup water. Whisk to combine, and let stand for 5 minutes to soften.
• In a heavy-bottom saucepan over medium heat, heat remaining ¼ cup water. Add the sugar, corn syrup, and salt.
Cook, stirring often, until sugar dissolves. Boil mixture, without stirring, until a candy or digital thermometer registers
240º, about 12 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in gelatin mixture. Set aside.
• In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the egg white at high speed until stiff
peaks form. With the mixer running, slowly add the corn syrup mixture in a slow, steady stream. Add the vanilla
extract and food coloring. Continue beating until thick, glossy, and fluffy, about 10 minutes.
• Transfer marshmallow to the prepared pan. Using damp hands, smooth marshmallow into pan. Spray a piece of
parchment paper with nonstick spray, and place over mixture. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours, and up to 1 day.
• Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
• Transfer marshmallow to a large work surface. Using a 2-inch round cutter, cut marshmallows and place on prepared
baking sheet. Freeze for 15 minutes.
• In a medium microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating disks and shortening in a microwave oven on High in
30-second intervals, stirring between each interval, until completely melted and smooth, about 1½ minutes.
Cool for 5 minutes.
• Dip top one-third of 6 lollipop sticks into candy coating, then gently press into rounded side of 6 marshmallows.
Dip each marshmallow lollipop into the candy coating. Return to baking sheet in freezer. Repeat process with
remaining 6 marshmallows.
• Remove marshmallow lollipops from freezer, and redip each one in candy coating, covering any imperfections.
Sprinkle sides with pearlized sugar, and place on parchment paper to dry. Refrigerate in an airtight container for
up to 1 week.
*For testing purposes, we used Wilton Candy melts and Wilton Pearlized Sprinkles, which can be purchased at craft stores or online at wilton.com.