• Preheat an oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with parchment
paper. Set aside.
• In a medium bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and
salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter and cream cheese until
mixture is crumbly. Stir in egg, orange zest, orange juice, and
poppy seeds. Slowly mix in 1/2 cup cream until combined.
• Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead lightly. Roll
dough to 3/4-inch thickness. Using a 3-inch square cutter, cut 12
scones, rerolling dough once. Place on prepared baking sheet.
Using a pastry brush, lightly brush tops of scones with remaining
2 tablespoons cream.
• Bake for 15 minutes, or until lightly browned. Set aside to cool.
• Spread each scone with about 1 tablespoon quince paste. Top
with desired amount of duck confit. Garnish with frisée and
fresh orange zest, if desired.
*Quince paste can be purchased at gourmet and specialty-foods stores
or online at amazon.com. Duck confit can be purchased at gourmet and
specialty-foods stores or online at markys.com.