Bite into this warm pumpkin scone slathered with tasty maple butter at your next autumnal afternoon tea break.
Downloads:Pumpkin Scones Recipe
2½ cups all-purpose flour, divided
½ cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground allspice
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 cup canned pumpkin
Maple Butter (see Download for recipe)
• Preheat oven to 425°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
• In a large bowl, sift together 2¼ cups flour, sugar, baking powder,
salt, cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg.
• Using a pastry blender or fork, cut the butter into the flour
mixture until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add the egg and
pumpkin, and stir until just combined. Add additional flour, if
necessary, until mixture forms a loose dough.
• Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and roll to
¾-inch thickness. Cut into 12 (2¼-inch) rounds. Place on prepared
• Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly golden. Transfer to
wire racks to cool slightly.
• Serve warm with Maple Butter.