• Preheat oven to 350°. Line two baking sheets with parchment
paper. Set aside.
• In a large bowl and using an electric mixer at medium speed,
beat the butter until fluffy. Gradually add the sugar and brown
sugar, beating until well combined. Add the egg, and beat well.
• In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
Gradually add flour mixture and milk to butter mixture, beginning
and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed until
blended. Stir in vanilla extract and peppermint candy, and mix
until well combined. Refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
• On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut
dough with a 2 1/2-inch round cutter, and place on prepared baking
sheets. Garnish with red sanding sugar, if desired.
• Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Pictured with Spiced Chocolate Bars