• Preheat oven to 325°. Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with
nonstick cooking spray. Line pan with heavy-duty foil, and spray
with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
• In a large microwave-safe mixing bowl, combine 1 cup butter
and chocolate. Microwave on High in 30-second intervals until
• Using an electric mixer at medium speed, add sugar to butter-
chocolate mixture, and mix until well combined. Add milk, coffee
powder, cinnamon, vanilla extract, black pepper, and chili
powder. Mix until well combined. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
Add the pecans.
• In a medium bowl, combine the flour and cocoa. Gradually add
flour mixture to egg mixture, and beat until well combined.
Pour batter into prepared pan.
• Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until sides pull away and a wooden
pick inserted near center comes out clean. Let cool, then remove
from pan. Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for 1 hour.
• Melt remaining 1/3 cup butter. In a small bowl, mix together the
melted butter and melted chocolate bar until smooth. Spread
chocolate mixture over top of chilled base. Sprinkle nibs on top.
• Refrigerate 1 hour before cutting.
*Cacao nibs are available at specialty-foods stores and some supermarkets.
Pictured with Peppermint Cookies