Tied with a ribbon, these Pistachio-Orange Rounds are both pretty and scrumptious.
Downloads:Pistachio-Orange Rounds Recipe
4½ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups softened unsalted butter
¾ cup softened cream cheese
1¼ cups sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1½ teaspoons orange zest
1 tablespoon orange juice
2½ cups finely chopped pistachios, divided
• In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl and using an electric mixer at medium speed,
beat together the butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy,
about 2 minutes. Mix in the sugar, vanilla extract, orange zest,
and orange juice.
• Reduce mixer speed to low. Add flour mixture, and mix until just
combined. Stir in pistachios.
• Transfer dough to a clean work surface, and divide in half. Shape
each piece into an 8½-inch-long log, and wrap each log in parchment
paper. Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
• Preheat oven to 350°. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment
paper. Set aside.
• Remove 1 log from freezer. Roll in finely chopped pistachios,
coating completely. Cut log into ¼-inch-thick rounds, and transfer
to prepared baking sheets.
• Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until cookies are golden around
edges. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Repeat with
remaining dough, being sure baking sheets are completely cool