Fill tartlet cups with fruit jam, and garnish with dried fruit for a pretty and pleasing dessert.
Downloads:Spiced Jam Tartlets Recipe
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
2 tablespoons milk
3/4 cup fruit jam, such as fig, pear, or apple
Garnish: dried fruit
• In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cinnamon,
ginger, allspice, and salt.
• In a separate medium bowl and using an electric mixer at
medium-high speed, beat the cream cheese and butter until
smooth and creamy. Reduce mixer speed to low, and slowly
add flour mixture and milk to cream-cheese mixture. Beat
until mixture is crumbly. Transfer dough to a lightly floured
surface, shape into a disk, and wrap tightly with plastic
wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
• Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 2 (12-cup) mini muffin pans
with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
• Unwrap dough, place on a lightly floured surface, and knead
3 or 4 times. Divide dough into 24 equal portions, and place
1 piece of dough into each of the muffin wells, pressing into
bottoms and up sides.
• Spoon 1 1/2 teaspoons jam into each dough cup.
• Bake for 20 minutes, or until crusts are light golden brown.
Cool in pans for 10 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to
• Garnish with dried fruit, if desired.