Try any one of these three spiced chocolate truffles at your next gathering or as a holiday present.
Downloads:Spiced Chocolate Truffles Recipe
12 (1-ounce) squares bittersweet chocolate, chopped
9 (1-ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, chopped
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground chipotle chile powder
½ teaspoon dried orange peel
¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
½ teaspoon finely minced fresh ginger
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
½ cup heavy cream
½ cup whole milk
¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
2 (16-ounce) packages chocolate candy coating, melted
Garnish: additional ground chipotle chile powder, candied orange zest, and candied ginger
• In a medium bowl, combine the chopped bittersweet and semisweet
chocolate. Evenly distribute the chopped chocolate mixture
among 3 small bowls.
• To one bowl, add cinnamon and chipotle powder. To the second
bowl, add the orange zest and cardamom. To the third bowl, add
fresh ginger and ground ginger.
• In medium saucepan, combine the cream, milk, and confectioners’
sugar. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat. Evenly
divide the hot cream mixture among the 3 bowls of chocolate
and spices, whisking gently until chocolate is completely melted.
Cover each bowl tightly with plastic wrap. Set aside to cool.
Freeze until thoroughly chilled.
• Line 3 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
• Using a 1-inch spring-loaded scoop, scoop chocolate mixture.
Using hands, roll into balls. Transfer to prepared baking sheets,
keeping each flavor separate.
• Using 2 forks, dip chocolate balls into melted candy coating, and
place back on the prepared baking sheets.
• Garnish truffles according to flavor, if desired. Store in an airtight
container for up to one week.