• Preheat oven to 325°. Spray a 10-inch Bundt pan with nonstick
baking spray with flour. Set aside.
• In a large bowl, sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda.
• In a separate large bowl and using an electric mixer at medium
speed, beat the sugar and butter until light and fluffy, about
5 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each
addition. Alternately add flour mixture and sour cream to butter
mixture, beginning and ending with flour. Add the vanilla-bean
seeds and coconut extract, and mix well. Pour batter into the
prepared Bundt pan.
• Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes to 1 hour 20 minutes, or until a
wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan
on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan, and transfer
to a wire rack to cool completely.
• Garnish with toasted shredded coconut, if desired.
Note: To create the garnish as seen on this issue’s cover, drizzle cake
with melted white chocolate, and top with fresh currants.