• In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese and cranberry sauce. Stir well to combine. Refrigerate
until ready to assemble sandwiches.
• Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 2 (10-inch) loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
• In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Add the sugar and
brown sugar, and stir well to combine.
• Make a well in the center of the flour mixture, and add the pumpkin, vegetable oil, eggs, and water. Stir well,
slowly incorporating flour mixture. Add the walnuts, and stir well to combine. Distribute batter evenly between
the prepared loaf pans.
• Bake for 1 hour, or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes,
then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
• Cut the rounded tops from loaves, creating a flat-sided rectangle. Slice the rectangle in half lengthwise, then
evenly slice each half into 12 (3/4- to 1-inch-wide) rectangles.
• Spread half of the bread pieces with a thick layer of the cream cheese mixture, then top with remaining bread
• Garnish with cranberries and orange-zest strips, if desired.