This delicious turnover is bursting with the flavors of pumpkin and chocolate.
Downloads:Pumpkin-Chocolate Turnovers Recipe
1 cup pumpkin purée
2 tablespoons brown sugar
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 (17.3-ounce) package puff pastry dough, thawed
½ cup milk-chocolate chips
1 large egg, lightly beaten
½ cup water
• Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
• In a medium bowl, combine the pumpkin, brown sugar, cinnamon,
ginger, and nutmeg, and stir well to combine. Set aside.
• Unroll puff-pastry dough on a lightly floured work surface. Cut
each sheet into 6 equal pieces.
• In the center of each dough piece, spoon 1 tablespoon pumpkin
mixture and top with a few chocolate chips.
• In a small bowl, combine the egg and water to make an egg wash,
and whisk well.
• Lightly brush the edges of the dough pieces with the egg wash.
Fold dough in half diagonally, creating a triangle. Seal by pressing
with the tines of a fork. Place on prepared baking sheet.
• Bake for 13 to 14 minutes, or until golden brown. Set aside to
cool slightly. Serve warm.