Each heavenly bite of these little balls of sweetness are filled with white chocolate, cream of coconut, and whipping cream.
3 (4-ounce) bars white chocolate, chopped
½ cup heavy whipping cream
¼ cup cream of coconut
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon coconut extract
½ (16-ounce) package vanilla-flavored candy coating
1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
• Place chocolate in a medium bowl. Set aside.
• In a small saucepan, combine whipping cream, cream of coconut, vanilla, and coconut extract. Cook over medium heat until mixture boils. Add to chocolate, whisking until smooth. Cover mixture, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
• Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
• Remove chocolate mixture from refrigerator. Using a 1-inch spring-loaded scoop, scoop mixture into portions. Use hands to roll portions into balls. Place balls on prepared baking sheet. Freeze for 30 minutes.
• In a microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating on 100 percent power in 30-second intervals until melted, stirring between intervals.
• Using two forks, one to lift and the other to balance, carefully dip truffles in candy coating. Return truffles to prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with desired amount of flaked coconut.
• Freeze until set, approximately 15 minutes. Store in an airtight container between layers of parchment paper for up to 3 days.