White chocolate and macadamia nuts dress up ordinary sugar cookies for a sweet finale to afternoon tea.
Downloads:Macadamia Sugar Cookies
1 cup plus 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
2 cups chopped white chocolate, melted
• In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
• In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, approximately 4 minutes. Add egg and vanilla, beating until combined. Add flour mixture, beating until just combined. Add macadamia nuts, stirring to combine. Cover and freeze until dough is firm, approximately 30 minutes.
• Preheat oven to 350°.
• Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
• Using a 1-inch spring-loaded scoop, scoop dough into portions. Use hands to roll dough portions into balls. Place on prepared baking sheets.
• Bake until edges are light brown, approximately 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
• Dip half of each cookie in melted white chocolate. Place on wire racks to dry.