Combine our Gingery Peach Scone recipe with a fresh peach cobbler recipe for the ultimate summer dessert.
Downloads:Peach Scone Cobbler
6 cups fresh peaches, peeled, pitted, and diced*
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 teaspoons orange juice
1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 recipe Gingery Peach Scones (see Download for recipe)
Garnish: lightly sweetened whipped cream and fresh mint
• In a medium saucepan, combine peaches, sugar, vanilla, ginger, and cinnamon, tossing to coat peaches evenly. Allow peaches to sit for 10 minutes at room temperature before cooking.
• Cook peaches over medium heat, until sugar is dissolved, approximately 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
• Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine orange juice and cornstarch, whisking well. Add to peach mixture. Continue cooking over medium heat until thickened, approximately 4 minutes.
• Divide warm peach mixture among individual dessert dishes. Top each serving with a Gingery Peach Scone.
• Garnish with whipped cream and fresh mint, if desired. Serve immediately.
*If fresh peaches are not available, substitute 2 (16-ounce) bags frozen peaches, thawed and diced, and shorten total cook time to 10 minutes.