This sweet dessert also has a nutty flavor imparted by toasted almonds. Set atop a waffle crisp and served with melted raspberry jam, this treat is truly special.
Downloads:Toasted Almond Panna Cotta Recipe
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup milk
1 (8-ounce) package toasted almonds, chopped
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
1 (1/4-ounce) envelope plain gelatin
2 tablespoons water
12 waffle crisps
1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam, melted
Garnish: fresh raspberries and mint
• In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine cream
and milk, and bring to a boil. As soon as mixture begins to boil,
remove from heat, add toasted almonds, and set aside for 20
minutes. Strain cream mixture through a fine-mesh sieve, and
• Add sugar and vanilla extract to cream mixture, and stir until
sugar is dissolved, heating mixture over low heat if necessary.
• In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over water, and let soften for
10 minutes. Whisk softened gelatin into cream mixture until
• Pour mixture into 12 ramekins, refrigerate for at least 4 hours,
or until firm, before serving.
• Invert each panna cotta atop a waffle crisp, then spoon melted
raspberry jam over top. Garnish with fresh raspberries and
mint, if desired.