Gorgeous cupcakes perched on a tiered cake stand are the quintessential party treat.
Downloads:Vanilla-Bean Cupcakes Recipe
4 large eggs, room temperature
1 cup superfine sugar
1/2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise and scraped, seeds reserved
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon grated orange zest
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
Jasmine Tea Buttercream (see Download for recipe)
• In a large bowl and using an electric mixer at medium-high
speed, beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla-bean seeds until thick and
smooth, 6 to 8 minutes. Set aside.
• In a medium bowl, sift together flour and baking powder. Add
orange zest. Add flour mixture to egg mixture, beating until just
combined. Add butter, stirring until just combined. Cover, and
refrigerate for 30 minutes.
• Preheat oven to 350°. Line a standard muffin pan and a mini
muffin pan with paper liners. Pour batter into pans, filling wells
• Bake cupcakes until edges are pale gold and centers are set, 8
to 10 minutes for miniature and 12 to 15 minutes for standard
size. Cool in pans for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool
• Spoon Jasmine Tea Buttercream into a piping bag fitted with a
star tip. Pipe onto cupcakes.