Take some help from the store with products like frozen whipped topping and instant pudding mix to pull together a fabulous dessert without much fuss.
Downloads:Chocolate and Peanut Butter Mousse Trifles
1 (3.9-ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
1½ cups half-and-half
¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup confectioners’ sugar, divided
2 (8-ounce) containers frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
½ cup sweetened condensed milk
Garnish: chopped honey-roasted peanuts and shaved dark chocolate
• In a medium bowl, combine pudding mix, half-and-half, cocoa, and ½ cup confectioners’ sugar. Beat at high speed with an electric mixer for 2 minutes.
• Add 1 container whipped topping, folding to combine. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
• Meanwhile, in another medium bowl, combine cream cheese and peanut butter. Beat at high speed with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy, approximately 2 minutes.
• Add condensed milk and remaining ½ cup confectioners’ sugar. Beat at medium-low speed until combined. Add remaining 1 container whipped topping, folding to combine. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
• Transfer chocolate mousse to a pastry bag fitted with a large round tip.
• Transfer peanut-butter mousse to another pastry bag fitted with another large round tip. Set aside.
• Pipe approximately 2 tablespoons chocolate mousse into each of 12 (4-ounce) cups or bowls. Pipe approximately 2 tablespoons peanut-butter mousse into each cup over chocolate layer. Pipe approximately 2 tablespoons chocolate mousse into each cup over peanut-butter layer.
• Garnish with chopped honey-roasted peanuts and shaved dark chocolate, if desired.