A bold declaration, but we believe one bite of these cookies will make you agree.
Downloads:World’s Greatest Cookies Recipe
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup crushed corn flakes
1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
1/2 cup chopped almonds
3 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Garnish: pecan halves
• Preheat oven to 325°. Line 2 or 3 baking sheets with parchment
paper. Set aside.
• In a large mixing bowl and using an electric mixer at medium-high
speed, beat the butter, sugar, and brown sugar until light
• In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg and oil until combined.
Add oil mixture to butter mixture, and beat at low speed
until well combined. Add the oats, cornflakes, coconut, and
almonds, and beat until mixture is well blended.
• Reduce mixer speed to low, and beat in flour, baking soda, salt,
and vanilla extract. Drop by spoonfuls onto prepared baking
sheets. Garnish each spoonful with a pecan half, if desired.
• Bake for 8 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes,
then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.