This vibrant soup is full of flavor with ingredients like acorn and butternut squashes and curry powder.
Downloads:Curried Squash Soup
1 medium butternut squash, cut in half, seeds removed and discarded
1 acorn squash, cut in half, seeds removed and discarded
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
4 cups chicken stock
1½ teaspoons curry powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Garnish: microgreens and truffle oil
• Preheat oven to 425°.
• Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place squash halves skin side up on prepared baking sheet. Rub squash with olive oil.
• Bake until tender, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Cool. Using a spoon, scoop squash from skins. Discard skins.
• Place squash in the work bowl of a food processor, and pulse until puréed. Set aside.
• In a large, heavy-bottom stockpot, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion, and cook until tender, approximately 12 minutes.
• Add chicken stock and squash purée, whisking together until smooth. Add curry powder, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat to medium, and cook mixture for 15 minutes.
• Garnish with microgreens and truffle oil, if desired.