• In a small bowl, combine egg white and sugar. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until frothy, 1 to 2 minutes.
• Add flour, salt, and garlic powder, beating until combined. Add melted butter and cream, beating until smooth, approximately 30 seconds.
• Cover batter, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
• Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sesame seeds, flax seeds, and oats. Set aside.
• Preheat oven to 325°.
• Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat. Place spoon template on baking mat.*
• Using an offset spatula, spread approximately 1 tablespoon cold batter over each spoon cutout on template. Remove plastic template. Evenly sprinkle spoons with grain mixture.
• Bake until lightly browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Cool on pan for 5 minutes.Carefully remove spoons to wire racks, using an offset spatula, and cool completely.
• Rinse plastic template, and pat dry. Repeat process with remaining batter and seed mixture.
• Serve immediately, or store spoons in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 week.
*Trace a spoon onto clear plastic or vellum the size of the baking mat. Use an X-Acto knife to cut out spoon shapes.
Pictured with Wild Mushroom Chestnut Soup