Pear nectar and a spice tisane are infused into a cream-cheese body and baked in decadent cereal and graham cracker crusts.
Downloads:Pear Cheesecake Bites
1¼ cups granola cereal
1 cup graham-cracker crumbs
¾ cup sugar, divided
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 large egg white, lightly beaten
1 (5.5-ounce) can pear nectar
1 (2.35-gram) bag herbal spiced tisane*
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 (4-ounce) package goat cheese
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Garnish: sugared thyme†
• Preheat oven to 350°.
• In a small bowl, combine granola, graham-cracker crumbs, and ¼ cup sugar. Add melted butter and egg white, stirring to combine. Press mixture into bottoms and halfway up sides of 2 (12-cup) miniature cheesecake pans‡. Bake for 5 minutes. Set aside.
• Increase oven temperature to 375°.
• In a small saucepan, bring pear nectar to a boil over medium-high heat. Add tisane bag. Remove pan from heat. Steep for 10 minutes. Remove and discard tisane bag. Set nectar aside.
• In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add goat cheese, and continue beating until combined. Gradually beat in remaining ½ cup sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla extract and reserved nectar, stirring to combine.
• Evenly divide batter (approximately 1½ tablespoons) among prepared crusts, filling two-thirds full. Bake until puffed and set, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for approximately 30 minutes. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
• Garnish with sugared thyme, if desired.
*For testing purposes, we used Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice herbal tea.
†Lightly coat 24 thyme sprigs with cooking spray. Sprinkle with sugar. Use immediately as a garnish.
‡Chicago Metallic and Norpro both manufacture miniature cheesecake pans. These pans have 12 wells (or cups) and have removable bottoms. Look for them wherever bakeware is sold.