Pink-Ribbon Chocolate-Mint Cookies
Show your support to cancer survivors with delicious (edible) pink ribbon cookies.
Downloads:Pink-Ribbon Chocolate-Mint Cookies
1 cup sugar
½ cup unsalted butter, softened
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1½ cups all-purpose flour
6 tablespoons unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
16 ounces dark chocolate
8 ounces white chocolate
Pink food-coloring paste
• In a large bowl, combine sugar and butter. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, approximately 4 minutes. Add egg and vanilla, beating well. Set aside.
• In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt, stirring well. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating to combine. Shape into a thick disk, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
• Preheat oven to 350°.
• Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
• Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll a dough portion to 1/8-inch thickness. Using a small ribbon cookie cutter*, cut cookies from dough, rerolling scraps only once. Place cookies 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
• Bake for approximately 7 minutes. Let cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
• In a medium microwave-safe bowl, melt dark chocolate in microwave oven at 30-second intervals. Add a few drops of peppermint oil, stirring to combine. Dip cookies in chocolate, and place on wire racks to dry.
• In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt white chocolate in microwave oven at 30-second intervals.
• Add food-coloring paste to melted white chocolate until desired shade of pink is reached.
• Transfer tinted white chocolate to a small pastry bag fitted with a small round tip. Pipe a pink ribbon onto each cookie. Let dry.
*Ribbon cookie cutters can be found at pinkribbonshop.com.