Served with Chive Sour Cream, these potato bites are crunchy and delicious.
Downloads:Potato Latkes with Chive Sour Cream Recipe
2 1/2 pounds baking potatoes, peeled
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup matzo flour
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Peanut oil, for frying
Chive Sour Cream (see Download for recipe)
• Using a box grater, grate potatoes coarsely, then place in a bowl
of cold water. Soak for 5 minutes. Strain well. Spread potatoes
on a large, clean kitchen towel; tightly roll up towel. Twist towel
over sink or a bowl, wringing out as much moisture as possible.
• In a medium bowl, combine grated potato, eggs, flour, salt, and
pepper, stirring to combine. Set aside.
• In a heavy-bottomed stockpot over medium-high heat, pour
peanut oil to a depth of 2 inches. Heat until oil registers 350° on
an instant-read thermometer.
• Preheat oven to 250°.
• Meanwhile, press approximately 3 tablespoons potato mixture
into a 3-inch round biscuit cutter. Slide cutter up and away from
potato mixture. Repeat with remaining potato mixture, making
• Working in batches, carefully place potato disks in hot oil, adjusting
heat as necessary to keep oil at 350°. Cook until undersides of
latkes are golden brown, approximately 5 minutes. Using a slotted
spoon, flip latkes, and cook until uniformly golden brown,
approximately 5 minutes more.
• Use a slotted spoon to transfer latkes to a plate lined with paper
towels. Drain both sides, then transfer to a baking sheet. Place
latkes in warm oven while frying remaining batches. Serve with
Chive Sour Cream, if desired.