This savory tart is made with pumpkin, prosciutto, and leeks.
Downloads:Pumpkin-Leek Tarts Recipe
1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough (1 sheet), room temperature
2 tablespoons salted butter
1/2 cup chopped leek
1 cup pumpkin purée
3/4 cup evaporated milk
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon fresh thyme
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 slices prosciutto, halved lengthwise
Garnish: fresh thyme sprigs
• Preheat oven to 350°.
• Spray 6 (4½-x-2½-inch) rectangular tart pans with removable
bottoms with nonstick cooking spray. Turn pie dough out onto
a lightly floured surface, and roll into a 12-inch round. Cut into
6 (6½-x-4½-inch) rectangles. Press firmly into bottoms and up
sides of tart pans, rerolling scraps as needed but no more than
twice. Lightly prick bottoms with a fork. Set aside.
• In a small sauté pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the
leek, and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until leeks are soft. Remove
from heat, and set aside to cool.
• In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs,
thyme, salt, and pepper, and whisk well. Stir in the cooled leeks.
• Pour the pumpkin filling into tart dough. Top each with a slice of
• Bake for 25 minutes, or until set. Remove from oven, and cool in
pans for 5 minutes. Remove tarts from pans.
• Garnish with a sprig of thyme, if desired.