Chopped leeks, mushrooms, and Parmigiano-Reggiano make these stuffed fingerling potatoes a rich and satisfying treat.
Downloads:Stuffed Fingerling Potatoes
18 fingerling potatoes, varied colors
¼ cup brown butter*
1 cup finely chopped leek
1½ cups finely chopped lobster mushrooms
½ cup heavy whipping cream
½ cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1½ teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Garnish: fresh parsley leaves
• Preheat oven to 400°.
• Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
• Scatter potatoes on baking sheet. Bake until tender, approximately 35 minutes. Cool.
• Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/8-inch-thick shell. Discard pulp of purple potatoes. Mash remaining pulp with a potato masher. Set aside.
• In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add leek and mushrooms. Cook until vegetables begin to brown, approximately 12 minutes.
• Add reserved mashed potatoes, cream, cheese, parsley, lemon juice, salt, thyme, and pepper. Cook until mixture is heated through. Spoon potato mixture into shells, and place on prepared baking sheet.
• Bake until edges begin to brown, approximately 8 minutes.
• Garnish with parsley leaves, if desired. Serve warm.
*To make brown butter, in a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Cook until butter begins to brown and has a nutty aroma, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat, and strain, discarding solids. Let sit at room temperature until set, approximately 1 hour.