This tasty canapé is a great way to use leftover Thanksgiving turkey.
Downloads:Turkey Salad Toast Points
18 (2-inch) squares very thin wheat bread
3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
3 tablespoons minced shallots
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon country Dijon-style mustard
1½ teaspoons coarse salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
½ cup extra-light olive oil
1¼ cups finely shredded, cooked turkey breast
1 cup cooked multigrain rice
¾ cup finely chopped celery
½ cup dried goji berries*
• Preheat oven to 350°.
• Place bread squares on a baking sheet.
• Bake until bread is lightly toasted and crisp, 6 to 10 minutes. Set aside.
• In the container of a blender, combine champagne vinegar, shallots, lemon juice, mustard, salt, and pepper. Blend until mixture is uniform.
• With motor running, slowly add oil, blending until mixture thickens. Set vinaigrette aside.
• In a large bowl, combine turkey, rice, celery, and goji berries, stirring well. Slowly pour enough vinaigrette over turkey mixture to coat evenly.
• Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until salad is cold and flavors have melded, approximately 4 hours. Refrigerate remaining vinaigrette as well.
• Add more vinaigrette if turkey salad is too dry. Place a scoop of turkey salad on each toast point.
*Goji berries, bright orange red berries also known as wolfberries, can be found at specialty grocery stores. If unavailable, substitute dried cranberries.