Velvety and rich, Zucchini-Spinach Soup is a perfect starter to any teatime menu.
Downloads:Zucchini-Spinach Soup Recipe
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
3 cups chopped onion
2 teaspoons roasted garlic purée
2 medium baking potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1/2-inch cubes
4 medium zucchini, roughly chopped
6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
5 cups loosely packed fresh spinach
3 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh parsley
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup heavy cream
Garnish: heavy cream
• In a large, heavy-bottomed stockpot over medium heat, heat oil.
Add onion and garlic. Cook until onion is soft, 7 to 8 minutes.
• Add potatoes and zucchini, stirring to combine. Cook 4 minutes,
• Add broth, and bring to a simmer. Cook until potatoes are tender,
stirring occasionally, 15 to 20 minutes.
• Add spinach, parsley, lemon juice, salt, and pepper, stirring to combine.
Remove from heat.
• Carefully purée soup with a hand blender or in a standard blender
until smooth. Stir in cream. Ladle into serving bowls.
• Garnish with an additional drizzle of cream, if desired.