Try these Buffalo Chicken Pizzas for a luncheon suitable for the important men in your life.
Downloads:Buffalo Chicken Pizza
1 pound fresh pizza dough*
1¼ cups chopped roasted chicken†
½ cup buffalo sauce, divided
2 tablespoons cornmeal, divided
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
½ cup coarsely shredded mozzarella cheese
¼ cup blue cheese crumbles, divided
Garnish: sliced green onion, chopped celery, and parsley leaves
• Let pizza dough rest on counter at room temperature for 1 hour before using.
• Preheat oven to 450°.
• Place a pizza stone in oven while oven is preheating. (A baking sheet can be used if a pizza stone is not available.)
• In a small bowl, combine chicken and ¼ cup buffalo sauce, tossing to coat. Set aside.
• Sprinkle work surface with 1 tablespoon cornmeal.
• Cut pizza dough into 8 equal portions. Place dough portions on work surface, and sprinkle lightly with flour. Using a rolling pin, roll out each portion into a 6-inch round.
• Brush each round lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Divide mozzarella, chicken, and 3 tablespoons blue cheese among rounds.
• Remove heated pizza stone from oven, and sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon cornmeal. Carefully place pizzas on pizza stone, and return to oven.
• Bake until pizza crusts are light brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and drizzle with remaining ¼ cup buffalo sauce and remaining 1 tablespoon blue cheese, if desired.
• Garnish with green onion, celery, and parsley, if desired.
*Available at most grocery-store deli counters.
†For testing purposes, we used rotisserie chicken.