These light, delectable treats are sure to charm your guests and are perfect for any kind of baby or bridal shower.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup cold unsalted butter, diced
¼ cup cold cream cheese, diced
3 tablespoons Tupelo honey*
1 cup plus 3 tablespoons cream, divided
Whipped cream (optional)
• Preheat oven to 350°.
• Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
• In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut butter and cream cheese into flour mixture until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
• In a small bowl, whisk together honey and 1 cup cream. Add cream mixture to flour mixture, stirring until a moist dough forms.
• Turn mixture out onto a lightly floured work surface. Roll dough to ½- to ¾-inch thickness. Using a 3-inch flower-shaped cutter, cut as many scones as possible, rerolling scraps no more than once.
• Place scones 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Using a pastry brush, lightly coat tops with remaining 3 tablespoons cream. Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
• Bake until golden brown on top, approximately 15 minutes. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely, or serve warm.
• Serve with whipped cream, if desired.
*For testing purposes, we used Savannah Bee Company Tupelo Honey, savannahbee.com.