Rooibos and lemonade give this refreshing cold beverage it delightful flavor.
Downloads:Pink Lemon-Rooibus Slush
9½ cups water, divided
2 cups sugar, divided
1 (3-ounce) package strawberry gelatin
1 (12-ounce) package frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
1 cup fresh lemon juice
6 tablespoons rooibos leaves*
2 (750-ml) bottles sparkling cider, chilled
Garnish: frozen strawberries
• In a large saucepan, combine 3 cups water, 1 cup sugar, and
gelatin over medium-high heat. Boil for 3 minutes. Set aside.
• In a gallon-size pitcher, combine pink lemonade concentrate
and lemon juice, whisking to combine. Add gelatin mixture to
lemonade mixture, whisking to combine.
• In a medium saucepan, bring remaining 6½ cups water to
a boil over high heat. Remove from heat, and add rooibus.
Cover, and steep for 5 to 7 minutes. Sweeten with remaining
1 cup sugar.
• Strain tea mixture into lemonade mixture. Freeze mixture for
4 hours, stirring occasionally.
• When ready to serve, scrape frozen mixture with a fork, and
place in a punch bowl or desired serving piece. Add sparkling
• Garnish with frozen strawberries, if desired.
• Serve immediately.
*For testing purposes, we used Rishi Tea Organic Jamaica Red Rooibos,